Part 2 of my mini breakfast series will feature an old favorite, overnight oats. There are a million different ways to make them, but the foundation is always the same. Oats + Liquid + Mashed Fruit = Heavenly Bowl of Goodness. It takes just a few minutes to put this together at night, and when you wake up in the morning, the oats are just waiting for you in the fridge. That’s my kind of breakfast! For another version of overnight oats, check out my Apple Cinnamon Oats recipe here.
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup rolled oats (regular oats, not steel cut or instant)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups coconut beverage (not coconut milk from a can, but the kind from a carton that is meant as a non-dairy milk. You could also use almond milk, or coconut flavored almond milk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: Fresh fruit, coconut flakes & maple syrup to garnish)
- In a large container, mash the banana. Stir in everything else (except the fresh fruit garnish) until well blended. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, give the oats a good stir and serve some in a bowl topped with fresh fruit, coconut flakes, a drizzle of maple syrup, or whatever else you like. The leftovers will stay good in the fridge for a few days. Enjoy!